Monday, May 5, 2014

Annie's Learn-to Crochet Online Class - Patten 3: The Sweet & Sassy Hat

Annie's Learn-to Crochet Online Class - Patten 3: The Sweet & Sassy Hat

So this is the third pattern Ellen teaches you how to do in "Annie's Learn-To-Crochet Online Class" and my take on it.


First of all I wanted to to do it for my daughter, so I picked her favorite color and bought the weight 4 Red Heart Yarn (you can get for like $2.49 a skein at your local Wal-Mart)  I made sure to measure her head but when I did I got a size of 21.5 inches so I decided to go up to 22 inches, and while I made sure to check my gauge several times while making the pattern, it is too big.  In my opinion it is better to go down a size instead of up since it does stretch a little, but I am learning it does also depend on how you crochet (i.e. - Loose or Tight Stitches).  So be careful, when doing your measurements and make sure you get tighter on the head and do not measure loose because the person you are making it for has a full head of hair!



As you can see, somewhat, I decided to try to get creative and add in a second color to make the flower really pop.  Which it does!  But, I was not careful in my placement of the flower is when it is on it kind of looks like a funny looking horn to me.  :)

While I am not at all happy with the outcome of this project I did follow all of the instruction as well as the gauge so I am at least proud of that.  This is a must retry!



No comments:

Post a Comment